Cindi L. BrownChemist
Otto, NC 28763
I am the Analytical Lab Manager/Chemist at Coweeta Hydrological Laboratory, an experimental forest research facility of the Forest Service. I have worked in Coweeta's analytical lab for over 20 years. My previous experience was with private industry where I was the lab supervisor for quality control.
My primary focus is quality control/ quality assurance with expertise in analytical chemistry and instrumentation.
- M.S. in Chemistry, 1992
- Western Carolina University
- B.S. in Chemistry, 1979
- Northern Kentucky University
- Chemist/Lab Manager, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratoy
- Chemist, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratoy
- Laboratory Supervisor, Lykes Pasco
- Laboratory Supervisor, DuBois Chemicals
- Laboratory Supervisor, Frye Copysystems
Featured Publications and Products
- Yanai, Ruth D.; Tokuchi, Naoko; Campbell, John L.; Green, Mark B.; Matsuzaki, Eiji; Laseter, Stephanie N.; Brown, Cindi L.; Bailey, Amey S.; Lyons, Pilar; Levine, Carrie R.; Buso, Donald C.; Likens, Gene E.; Knoepp, Jennifer D.; Fukushima, Keitaro. 2015. Sources of uncertainty in estimating stream solute export from headwater catchments at three sites.
- Lapham, Marika ; Miniat, Chelcy Ford; Mayfield, Albert E.III; Jetton, Robert M.; Brantley, Steven T.; Zietlow David R., ; Brown, Cindi ; Rhea, James R. 2018. Shade and hemlock woolly adelgid infestation increase eastern hemlock foliar nutrient concentration.
- Brantley, Steven T.; Mayfield, Albert (Bud); Jetton, Robert M.; Miniat, Chelcy F.; Zietlow, David R.; Brown, Cindi L.; Rhea, Rusty. 2017. Elevated light levels reduce hemlock woolly adelgid infestation and improve carbon balance of infested eastern hemlock seedlings.